State Regulatory Authorizations

Choose a state below to learn more.

Northwest Nazarene University believes in the transformation of lives through quality educational programs regardless of their mode of delivery (face-to-face, online, or in a blended format). In furtherance of this mission, NNU became a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) in 2015. SARA membership entails both program quality and consumer protection standards and benefits both students and institutions who are members. For more information on SARA, please see the NC-SARA website at

NNU has been accredited since 1931 and currently holds institutional accreditation through the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU). Many programs at NNU also hold professional/specialized accreditation. Please reference NNU Accreditation and Affiliations in the CAGS catalog for more information.


Professional Licensure

Students who are seeking an online degree that leads to state licensure (nursing, teaching, social work, etc.) should be aware that state licensing agencies may set their own regulations on distance education programs. In fields leading to professional licensure, we recommend students check with the licensing agency in their home state prior to enrolling in a program of study to determine what regulations, if any, apply to distance education programs in their state. The following links will take you to pages where you can find the contact information for various licensing agencies in each state.





Student Grievance Process

Northwest Nazarene University is committed to resolving student concerns and complaints in a fair and expedited manner. Students who have a complaint are asked to follow the grievance processes outlined in the academic catalog at Often these issues can be resolved by contacting the course faculty member. Those who do not believe their complaint has been handled in a fair and amicable manner may file an appeal with their home state using the contact information found here (State Consumer Protection Contacts).